1. Their personality is already developed, so what you see is what you get.
2. They won’t grow any bigger.
3. They are easy going and love to take naps, but still enjoy a walk too.
4. Most know and obey basic commands.
5. They are already housebroken.
6. They don’t need the constant supervision that younger pets do.
7. They are thankful for a second chance.
8. They are usually overlooked by shelter visitors and are eager to love.
9. You can teach an old dog new tricks. Because of their calm demeanor and past interactions with humans, retraining is
10. Many local shelters – like the DELCO SPCA – run specials during the
month of November.
Senior pets make wonderful additions to a family. Are you the proud parent of a senior pet? Tell us about your experience in the comments!