As we get into the warmer months of summer, Braxton’s would like to offer some great ideas to entertain your pets. There are many creative ways that you can entertain your pet, both indoors and outdoors. It is important to keep your pet entertained and active to prevent destructive behavior and to promote good mental health, not to mention it is a great way to bond with your fur-baby.
Here are 5 ideas to get you started:
1. Take your dog for a walk in a new place. This could be a different park or even just a new route through your neighborhood. Your dog will love the change of scenery and the chance to explore.
- The Radnor Trail is a 2.4-mile-long rail trail that travels through Radnor Township. The former Philadelphia & Western Railroad line is paved and has multiple entry points and parking at the Conestoga Road entry point. The Radnor Trail is dog friendly and is a great mostly shaded walk. (Not to mention that it ends at your pet’s favorite place to shop…)
- Harford Dog Park is a great spot in Radnor to let your dog off leash to play. This great dog park is right in the heart of Radnor Township. This park is a popular option for Radnor residents. 260 Gulph Creek Rd (Biddulph Road) Radnor, PA 19087
2. Set up an indoor obstacle course for your cat or small dog. Use furniture, tunnels, and toys to create a fun course for your pet to navigate.
- This is great for cats that love to chase things like lasers or dangle toys. Not to mention it can keep your kids entrained for hours. Set up a course and time each child as they guide your pet through it for a little added competition.
3. Play hide and seek with your dog. This is a great way to keep them mentally stimulated and engaged.
- Dogs love to search and work their brains! Some of our best selling toys at Braxton’s are our puzzles where pups have to hunt for treats. You can also use our Likimats as hunting objects. Just have a loved one get your dog’s attention with the desired object, while you hold them back. Have them go hide the object then release your pup to watch them Go!
4. Have a indoor picnic with your pet. Spread out a blanket and share your lunch or dinner with your furry friend.
- This can be done inside or out, and at any of the locations we have mentioned here. (Even though at the dog park you might have a few uninvited friends join you!)
5. Go for a swim with your dog. If you have access to a pool, lake, or river take advantage of it and go for a swim with your pup. They’ll love the chance to cool off and splash around.
- There are some great water features throughout the trails at Valley Forge National park that are a great place to cool off. One of our favorites is the Valley Creek Trail that runs along the creek and 252.
We hope you enjoyed our list of ideas. If you are ever looking for a 6th way to creatively entertain your pet, a walk through the aisles at Braxton’s Animal Works is always a stimulating option, and a great way to network with other dog owners! Do you have any creative ways that you like to entertain your pets? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below. Thanks for reading!