The holidays are just around the corner and that means it’s time to start thinking about what to get your beloved furry friend for Christmas. If you’re stuck on what to get them, look no further than the Kong Classic. Kongs have been a popular toy for dogs for decades and there’s a reason why – they’re durable, entertaining, and versatile. Plus, they come in a variety of sizes to fit any dog’s needs. Keep reading to find out why the Kong Classic is the best gift for your dog this holiday season.
Why Dogs Love Kong
Dogs love Kong because they are durable and can withstand even the most vigorous chewers. They’re also great for keeping dogs entertained – just stuff them with some peanut butter or treats and watch your dog go to town! Kong are also versatile and can be used for fetch, tug-of-war, or just as a standard chew toy. Plus, they come in different sizes so you can find the perfect one for your dog. The small size is perfect for puppies or small breeds, while the large size is better suited for larger breeds.
Why Pet Parents Love Kong
As a pet parent, you’ll love the Kong Classic because it’s an affordable toy that will keep your dog entertained for hours on end. You can also rest assured knowing that your dog is safe playing with their Kong because they’re made from non-toxic materials. And if your dog is an avid chewer, you’ll appreciate that Kong Classics are durable and built to last. Not to mention, Kong are dishwasher safe so you can easily clean them after use.
Kong and Puppies
Kong can be used for teething puppies that like to use everything they are NOT supposed to chew on for teething. It also make a great redirection tool when they do begin to chew on those very expensive base boards.
Fun Ideas for Your Kong
- Hide and Seek– For every scent receptor a human has, a dog has about 50! Scent work is so good for mental stimulation and can help reverse the progression of Cognitive Dysfunction in senior dogs. This game can take a bit of training. Start off by leaving a trail of small treats that lead to the Kong and space them out farther and farther each time.
- Mental Licking– The licking action is a very pleasurable experience for your dog. It secretes endorphins, the happiness hormone, helping calm and soothe your pet, and redirects bad licking habits!
- Slow Feeder-the longer your dog takes to eat, the better digestion! Kong’s are great for fast eaters, stuffing your dogs kong with their regular food is a great way to slow them down. The Medium Kong fits approximately 0.25-0.5 cups. The Large Kong fits approximately 0.5 cups. The X-Large Kong fits approximately 1 cup.
- Healthy Snacking– Snacking is a great way to reward your dog for good behavior, and boost their diet! Here is a list of items that we love to stuff Kong’s with!
- Wet food
- Probiotic Yoghurt
- Minced meat
- Peanut butter (Organic)
- Canned fish (Sardines, salmon) (Lowest salt you can find)
- Pureed vegetables (Pumpkin, sweet potatoes, carrots)
- Bone Broth/Goat Milk (Freeze in Kong)
If you’re looking for a Christmas present for your beloved pooch that will make them happy, healthy, and keep them entertained all year long, look no further than the Kong Classic! This versatile and durable toy is loved by dogs of all shapes and sizes, and it’s sure to become your pup’s new favorite thing. So go ahead and stuff that stocking – your furry friend will thank you for it!