Do you love taking pictures of your dogs?
Well, July 26th has been designated National Dog Photography Day; the perfect day to post as many photos of your furry friend guilt-free.
Created in 2018 by pet photographer Kerry Jordan of Fur and Fables as an awareness day, Jordan was shocked that the day went viral. She just wanted to create a day when pet parents could post as many of their photos as they liked. It’s no surprise that the #nationaldogphotographyday hashtag went viral with pet owners from all over the world joining in.
What started as a bit of fun and a chance to look at dog photos took off massively and the first year saw Jordan being interviewed by newspapers all over the world.
How Do You Get In On The Action?
Simply share your dog photos on social media on Monday, July 26, 2021, with the #nationaldogphotographyday.
If you are not always pleased with the quality of your dog pics, Kerry Jordan has some simple tips to improve your photos.
- Get down on their level, even if that means sitting on the floor, it gives you a much better perspective.
- Make sure there are no background distractions, if there’s a lamppost growing out of your dogs head, move around!
- A really simple one – train them to sit and wait, it makes it so much easier when your dog isn’t moving around.
- Want a cute head tilt? Try making noises that they haven’t heard before like a high pitched brrrrr or pa pa pa.
- On a bright sunny day, try photographing your dog in the shade so that you get soft even light rather than harsh shadows.
So, this National Dog Photography Day, make sure that your doggo stands out from the rest! Don’t forget to share some of your adorable pictures with Braxton’s Animal Works on your social media.